Monday, November 17, 2008

Boston

So, me and Jon went to Boston on our honeymoon. I love Boston! We had a hotel right in the middle of the city, and there were people everywhere! We would pass people speaking different languages all the time- French, Chinese, German, Arabic- it was crazy! The best part was just walking around and seeing all of the sights! I thought that i would post some pictures of the best parts. (hopefully i can get this to work..... I'm new at this blogging thing)

In the middle of the city there is a big park called Boston Commons. There are several monuments there as well as tons of people (people are everywhere) We saw this one random guy just sleeping in the middle of the grass.... and then this group of Christian Youth sneaked up and dropped a sack lunch next to him. It said 'You are loved' or something all over it. I think they thought he was homeless... Any ways my favorite monument there was the Boston Massacre one. (there on your left : )

Jon liked this mine. You know, the kind that floats in the water... like on Finding Nemo. Anyways this is a real one from.... oh some war. (it says somewhere on the side.)

I discovered that i love graveyards. Especially old ones! They are just so creepy and cool! And some say some interesting things. We visited the oldest graveyard in the US. It's in the middle of Boston, surrounded by apartments and what not.































And they have kinda freaky looking skulls on the top.

Here is Mother Goose's grave (Yes. She really did exist)

So, next we went Whale Watching. See how fast the boat is going??One even came right up nest to the boat! We saw so many!
Anyways it was amazing! I'll have to post some more pictures later!

2 comments:

Moe said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! I am jealous! I didn't know mother goose was real!! Crazy stuff you learn in Boston :)

mindy said...

Jenn! You posted finally! Boston looks like a lot of fun... :)