
For our anniversary Jon and I decided to go camping by the Grand Canyon. We didn't camp in the National Park but in the forest just outside. We drove around looking for the perfect spot and we found one! It was a rather secluded spot, but not far from the main road. I think it had been a little while since anybody had camped there.... we disturbed some deer while setting up camp!

The next morning we hiked around the camp ground and saw the same deer again! Apparently they live there or something.... : ) It was SO beautiful! I wish these pictures did it justice.

Jon is heavy in thought....


On Saturday we went to see the Grand Canyon. As soon as we entered the park we found Buffalo! They were just eating some breakfast : ) There were several babies (the light brown ones) that would run around and bump into each other!

I'm afraid I dont remember the name of this lookout.... but on the way there you could look straight down over the railing and get dizzy! : )

Or sit on the edge and make your significant other nervous! ; ]

Jon thought that the best part was being out in the wilderness and then being able to go inside and have a slice of pizza! It's the best of both worlds!

This is on the North Kaibab trail. It goes all the way to the bottom of the canyon to the Colorado river. It was so amazing!

I wish you could see how far down this canyon goes.... even in real life you can't see the bottom!

This is a wee friend we met. He was very good at making the perfect poses for us!

This is on another lookout. You can see the South Rim in the distance, but of course real life is better than pictures!

Me on the edge....

Jon's monument on the edge......

It was a great weekend! I want to go back so bad! The weather was amazing. Cool. Breezy. Refreshing. And the views were breathtaking!
Anyways on the second night we found a new great campsite and roasted hot dogs and Smores! It was even more relaxing than the first night! It was great to get out of the city and just enjoy Gods great creations.
2 comments:
What a perfect anniversary! It looks way pretty there.
How fun!! And I love your commentary on the pictures. I particularly enjoyed the squirrel. And I love it when you update your blog. :) P.S. are you showing yet?
Post a Comment