On one of our days there we decided to go to the San Diego Zoo. It was about an hours drive from our hotel and totally worth it! (unfortunately my camera was running out of space so we had to limit our picture taking....)
Here is a rather entertaining Elephant. First we watched him wash off all of the dirt and mud in his little fountain/pool. Then he stepped out of the water and started re-applying fresh dirt! Then if you notice the stick on his head.... see it? well he put it up there (for safe keeping? ) and then seemed to forget about it. He just continued walking around and eating while it just balanced on his head....
What was really crazy were the lions! They had a little cave like room off of the main exhibit and one of the walls was glass. We saw a male and female in there just relaxing. They are so beautiful! (and huge) Some parents next to us were getting pictures of their toddlers next to the lions. It was really weird cause the lions would just look at these teenie kids like 'Mmmm! You look bite size!' or 'I could sallow you whole' or something.
The zoo was great! I was surprised how long we stayed (from lunch till closing) and we still didn't see all the animals there! One of the best parts were all of the restrooms! They were everywhere! I know that sounds a little weird but one of the worst things is being in a place like that and not finding one or having to walk clear across the park to it. Life is so much more enjoyable when you don't have to hold it : )
The zoo was great! I was surprised how long we stayed (from lunch till closing) and we still didn't see all the animals there! One of the best parts were all of the restrooms! They were everywhere! I know that sounds a little weird but one of the worst things is being in a place like that and not finding one or having to walk clear across the park to it. Life is so much more enjoyable when you don't have to hold it : )
2 comments:
That elephant is hilarious!
I like the pictures with your faces sticking out of the gorilla!!! I want to go to a zoo!
Post a Comment