I can't believe it's almost February! And that I haven't posted since November! Everyday seems to wizz by and before i know it another week is gone! So much has happened!
1. Christmas! It was great! Filled with lots of family and fun! Jon got his big screen TV he has ALWAYS wanted : ) I'm getting a new dinning set that we got a killer deal on (to be picked up tomorrow) Who knew you could get $70 off the clearance sale just by asking?? Elijah and Lindley were spoiled beyond belief with toys, and books, and clothes, clothes, clothes! : )
2. The week between Christmas and New Years was filled with a 3AM ER visit (thanks to retained placenta that decided then would be a good time to have me bleed all over the place) and a D&C. After which they had a difficult time getting me to stop bleeding... Funny story... After the surgery the Doc and MA left the room (this was done in the office) and i started to notice that i was bleeding quite a bit. So Jon went out to get the MA and found the Dr. instead, told him about my bleeding and the Dr. came in a said "it's normal to bleed some..." and then he looked under the sheet and calmly said "yeah... that's a lot of blood...." After which he started rummaging through all the cabinets and drawers in the room and outside. We could hear him asking people "Do we have such-and-such drug in the office??" Anyways after a cytotec (sp??) suppository (not fun) and a run to L&D for a methergine shot, it stopped. The next few days my bed and pillow were my best friends : ) The silver lining in all of that is:
A. Retained Placenta can cause you to become sterile if you are like me and don't get a major infection from it within 2 weeks after birth (which is what normally happens) The placenta calcifies and acts like a IUD....or something like that....
B. The nurse said that 99% of people who get a methergine shot puke....and I DIDN'T!! My claim to fame : )
C. I'm all better now....
3. Potty Training Boot Camp! Eli has now graduated the ranks of babyhood! It took a whole week filled with all sorts of talks about who poops and pees and WHERE they poop and pee! Oh man! the first day was the WORST!! I thought he might never "get it" I would make him sit on the potty, he would pee, not 15 later he would pee in his pants.... SO frustrating!! Anyways the book I was going by had them wear pants and underwear the first day and every time they had a accident you would do these drills of running to the potty and practicing pulling pants down and sitting and standing up and pulling pants up....again...and again...and again... then the next couple of days they run around naked : ) these were much better! But long story short he wears underwear ALL THE TIME and is very proud of peeing in the potty! (Don't get me wrong, he still has some accidents every few days but I'll gladly take those over diapers!) I totally recommend this method to everyone! Just look up Potty boot camp on amazon...I bought the Kindle version for $5. Best $5 I've ever spent : )
Anyways I'm tired and it's late : ) And I think that's all I have to say....
4 comments:
Oh man, I'm glad you are doing better and that the doctors were able to help you! I'm glad you had a fun Christmas, and yay for getting a dining set. We finally got a used one from ksl for $50 this fall. Beats using a card table for 3+ years. I'm glad potty training has gone well, that's a big milestone! Thanks for writing, it's great to hear from you!
So you're sterile? Or if you wouldn't have had issues they might have never done a D&C which would have made you sterile? I'm confused :D
Second of all great job on potty training! I think it took me longer than normal to get Nate fully trained. He still wears one at night and they say not to do that because then they get used to going potty, but I'm sorry I was just too sick of changing the sheets! I'll do better with Audrey haha!
No, not sterile. But would have been with out the D&C. : )
Oh my word Jenny, I had no idea. You are so brave. Honestly, I am in awe of your grace.
Post a Comment