*** warning-details included*** Deer Hunting in October
I went deer hunting this past Saturday with Dad, Nate, Emily, Jonny, Benny, and Jon. We saw lots and lots of does and fauns but maybe 3 bucks ALL DAY LONG. One my dad tagged. 500 yds with one shot. And it was the biggest buck they(Dad, Nate and Benny) have ever seen in the area. 4 point. Anyways that was the highlight of Saturday and we went home tired and weary from hiking up steep hills and back down, then up again and on and on :) It was a little discouraging for me. I really wanted to get a deer as this is the first year I've gotten a tag. But home we went.
I decided to go back out on Monday morning with Dad and Benny. By 10am I had killed, gutted a small buck, I'm proud to say ALL BY MYSELF:) It was pretty intense. Benny spotted the ONE buck in a group of about 10 does and because he is a great brother, he is gave me the shot :) The first shot I broke his leg.... but the second shot was clean and down he went.
Me and a 7mm Magnum
Benny also filled his tag that day. It was crazy! When he shot the whole hill side started moving.... we probably only saw half the deer that were really there :)
It was a good experience :) Some people might not understand the... thrill?.... but there is nothing quite like it. I feel empowered really. It's like giving birth naturally... kinda.... just in the sense that I proved to myself that I could do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment