Friday, January 11, 2013

It's a New Year!

New house + Holidays = ZERO BLOGGING

First off, I LOVE MY HOUSE!! The space is great! The front room, kitchen, and hall make a loop... can you guess what Eli's favorite game is?? Being Lightning McQueen and racing? Being a bad guy and chasing me? Yes. Pretty much anything that involves running in circles :)

Eli talks like a little grown up. "It's actually Lili's" or "Oh, there it is." And he is the master of asking questions. I finally answered one of his questions "It's just to make you ask questions" That satisfied him for about a day and now he asks, "Why is it just to make you ask questions?" :)

We made cookies today. He helped.



4 comments:

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

Oh I'm so excited for your house! We have a loop in our house too. Our son enjoys it too, but from a crawling perspective. :)

J and G said...

Oh my gosh I love little kid questions! They are just all little sponges! I wish i could see your house.

Jennifer said...

I try really hard to answer all his questions but it gets so frustrating when 1) I've already answered that question 5 times in the past 2 minutes and 2) when the only answer i have is "that's just the way it is" or "because I said so"
For example:
Why do i have to put my shoes on?
Me: because it's cold outside and we dont want your feet to get cold.
Why is it cold outside?
Me: Because it's wintertime
Why is it wintertime?
Me: Because ... (how do I explain the earth tilting to a 3yr old??) it's not summer or spring or fall, so that makes it winter time.
Why is it not summer spring or fall?
Me: ... because it's winter?
Why is it winter?
Me:.... because it's cold outside.
Why is it cold outside?

Around and around it goes :)

Of course these conversations go over much better when I'm not rushing somewhere.

Something I've learned is a rushed 3 yr old = grumpy/ cranky/ uncooperative 3 yr old :)

Emily Cramer said...

Oh my gosh, Jenn. You are the worlds best Mom... If I were a Mom I would want to grow up and be just like you. I love you.