Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Les Miserables

It was like seeing an dear old friend. They're so familiar that you slip right back into the groove of being friends. No awkwardness. That's Les Mis for me. It's a part of me. Part of my heart and soul. Does that sound over dramatic?? Maybe... but really, unless you were part of that amazing production as a moldable teen, no offense, but you just don't understand. I know every line, melody, note. It's so full of life. The good, the bad. Pain. Grief. Hate. Forgiveness. Love. Everything that makes up this human experience called life.

Yes, I cried. At the expected parts. Empty Chairs and Empty Tables. I Dreamed a Dream. But also at the end... I mean during the credits... I really couldn't bring myself to leave or move. I just had to sit and drink it all in as the tears rolled. The music. The emotion. My dear old friend. Oh how I love you!

I'm DYING for the sound track!

The Hobbit one too.

No comments: